Tuesday, May 13, 2008

C. L. Deaton




Going through some stuff this morning, I found the copy of Raymon Stovall's funeral book that my mother kept. Underneath the book were several obituaries. I wanted to share some of them with those of you who might not have copies.

Does anyone remember what year C. L. Deaton died? If my memory is correct, he mowed his yard and went inside and lay down on the couch and had a heart attack.

Mrs. Dixie died and Mr. Joe moved to Clinton in 1975 I think so his death would have to be later than that date.

The Deatons were no relation to us, but were like family. After Mrs. Dixie's husband died, she and the boys lived with my grandparents for a time. Mr. Joe and my father became best friends. I still have a bracelet made from a shell that Mr. Joe sent me from Italy during World War II.

No comments: