Monday, October 29, 2007

Questions

As I scrutinize these pictures from the Methodist Church, several questions occur to me; I know that Dr. and Mrs. Cantrell and Janie were Methodists and that most of the Williams family attended the Methodist Church, but I seem to recall Thomas Williams attending the Baptist Church.

Also, there are several pictures of Mrs. Ruth Deaton. I know that Mr. Joe was a Presbertarian, but again, I thought that he attended the Baptist Church.

In Clinton, the Deatons attended First Baptist because it had and still has a ministry for the hearing impaired.

Once I joined Plantersville Baptist and was allowed to vote for deacons, I wondered, though I never asked anyone, why several very prominent men were never considered for deacons; I think Roy Partlow and Lefty Sample were among those I wondered about, and I think that Mr. Joe was also one I wondered about. I found how later that some of the men who were very active at Plantersville Baptist were Presbyterians.

Were there couples where one attended the Methodist and the other went to the Baptist Church?

Who is Plantersville were members of the Presbyterian Church?

1 comment:

Charlotte Diggs said...

Tom Williams attended the Baptist and Miss Janie the Methodist, Buddy Partlow attended the Baptist and Miss Helen the Methodist, Joe Rogers attened the Methodist and Miss Lillyan the Baptist. Those I know about.