Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Information on Pictures

I received the following information from Gwynne McFarling Daniel:

"George -- I talked to Betty Sue Conlee Peters yesterday. And she knew about the people you are looking for. Boo lives in Verona. Alvin Allred is deceased, as well as Reed Presley, Grady McC. is in Saltillo. June Johnson made an airline stewardess, is married and lives in California. Do not know the husband last name but he was a military man and they now travel extensively. At least, this is how Betty Sue remembers them.

As for House of David...I'm sure someone around home remembers more than I do. But, as I recall the man that played was a Tally. My grandfather, Charlie, was related to the Talley family some way. He, his wife and grown daughter came by the house and visited Daddy Hardy and B.U. I remember B.U. sending me to the store for cokes. He had long hair that was braided around his head. There was also some connection to Verona and the Talley family but I do not know any facts. Years later the wife and daughter continued to visit. I want to say that they lived somewhere around Lake Superior. That is all I know. Gwynne"

George responds: Thanks Gwynne and Betty Sue; the person who mentioned the House of David recently is Dorothy Jo Sample, originally from Verona and related to the Tally family; the House of David player was Swep Tally.

No comments: