Thursday, October 16, 2008

Plantersville Question

I had my carpet cleaned today which kept me away from the computer until late, but received the following from Gloria; I'm going to have to give it some thought and try to picture the area. If you have an answer, contact Gloria or me.

"On the south side of the Plantersville Baptist Church, there is a paved parking area. Due south of this is a grassy area that goes to the road on the south and the west. In that grassy area is a huge, old concrete pipe that is apparently a drainage pipe. Dewey Davis called me last week and brought it to my attention for the town to look at. It is a very old concrete pipe, and no one in our current administration is at all familiar with what this is. Dewey says, and is probably right, that it is definitely a waste water drainage pipe, and likely comes from under the ground and drains into a concrete drain the parking lot. However, we are not sure if it is an old system from when highway 6 was there before the new one went through. The pipe is crack and the ground is sinking, making several holes and could be a hazard to anyone that stepped in them accidentally. What I am trying to find out is, what is it, who put it in, who needs to fix it. It is on church property, and may be the resposibility of the town, and we will be glad to fix it, but I have talked to the county and they say that they can't do it because it is on private property. We got a map from MDOT yesterday from the 1950's but can't tell anything about it from there. If anyone knows anything about that pipe, I would certainly love to hear from you. thanks gH"

No comments: