Sunday, March 15, 2009

Parker Family

I posted a notice concerning the obituary of Bobby Parker a few days ago, but things have been so hectic, I haven't been able to follow up until now. Gloria sent me the obituary from the Jackson, TN paper, but since I'm not sure about copyright laws, I'm reluctant to post it.

However, I would like to start a discussion about one of the renown families of Plantersville, the Parkers. I think I remember Mr. Brown Parker, what year did he die? And remember well Ed and his wife, was it Ola?; I remember Hulon and Sarah, of course and Gloria and Sandra's mother, whose name I would misspell if I tried; Gloria help me here. Were Ed and Hulon and Bobby's dad, Howard and Gloria's mom siblings? I'm drawing a blank on Howard; did he live in Plantersville? If so, where? (I don't know why the font changed.) And someone help me with the other members of the Parker family.

Also, where did Mr. Ed work. Butch and I often hitchhiked to Tupelo to go to the movies, and Mr. Ed frequently provided us with a ride.

2 comments:

C J Garrett said...

Ed worked at a lumber company, didn't he? Tupelo Lumber, Leake and Goodlett, Gravlee...not sure which...and maybe not any, but for some reason, I associate him with lumber.

Carole Kelly said...

Now that I think about it, I believe Mr. Ed worked for Tupelo Lumber; I know he didn't work for Leake and Goodlett since I was there often visiting my uncle.