Monday, November 30, 2009

Flora Bishop

Flora Harris Bishop recently suffered a stroke and is in a nursing home in Ridgeland. Here is a portion of an e-mail I received from Sherrilyn Helms Brown.

"I have visited with Flora twice since she has been moved to Highland Home
down the parkway from me. The first visit was good, she understood who I was
and even asked about my flower garden. Then Thanksgiving Day when I went,
she was not very responsive as before. I think this is just the way it is,
some days better than others. She is paralyzed on her left side and has a
feeding tube. But she seems to be comfortable. I will let you know when I
go back to visit."

George: I am very sorry to learn about Mrs. Flora's health problems. Some years ago, she often came to Plantersville and took all her aunts out to eat; she always included my Aunt Johnnie, who was her aunt by marriage.

No comments: