Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Mrs. Estelle Wade

Carole and I express sympathy to Mrs. Wade's family; Mrs. Wade died Wednesday night at Darlington Oaks in Verona. She and Cecil Duke, who was married to my first cousin, were first cousins. I met and spoke with her son Charles and his wife, Diane, and with her daughter, Betty; however, I don't think I met Hilda Miller, her other daughter.

I read in her obituary that Hilda was married to James Miller who died this past August. I am fairly certain that her husband was James Miller who went to Plantersville High School and who was my basketball coach when he was in high school and I was in the fifth or sixth grade.

1 comment:

Rusty Miller said...

Estelle Wade was my very special grandmother. My dad,James Miller, grew up in Plantersville and was married to Estelle's daughter, Hilda. My grandparents were James S (Jimmy) and Ruby Bradley Miller who lived in Plantersville. Their house is gone now, but the water tower is where it was. My sisters and I often visited Plantersville with them, going to Mr. Harve Mitchell's store, and to Cecil Johnson's. My dad died in August 19, 2010.