Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Plantersville School

Some questions and comments about the history of Plantersville school that Roger sent. The history mentions the school being on Cemetery Hill in 1910; is that the location across from the current cemetery; I always thought that the school was once located there.

I've searched the picture trying to find one of my uncles or aunts. My grandparents may have either lived in the Tater Hills and my uncles and aunts attended Kelly's Chapel or they were in Tupelo. When my father was born in 1908, they lived on Park Street next to the railroad in Tupelo. My grandfather carried the mail until, according to Aunt Johnnie, his horse was killed by the train.

They moved into the old Repult house ca. 1914; Cecil told me the exact date as he remembered the first time he saw my Dad, but I have forgotten what he told me (always take notes).

Aunt Grace would have been about 12, Uncle Ernest 10, Uncle Morris 8, and Tempie Ruth who was also born in 1900 died about the time this picture was taken. Aunt Johnnie would have been about 3, Aunt Lucille would have been a baby if she were born when the picture was taken.

I hope some of you can find some of your relatives in the picture; remember if you double click the picture should become larger.

No comments: