Monday, March 31, 2008

From Linda Partlow

To the bestest prayer warriors ever:

An email...finally from ME!!! Wow- what a wild & crazy 17 days. After I found out surgery took 10.5 hours I really didn't want any more information. Intensive care wasn't too bad----your lights are just on all the time. They drove me crazy on the regular floor. I felt like a pin cushion because of so many shots and they always checked my vitals the minute I fell asleep. I was extremely blessed to have a friend at my side 24 hours a day for 10 days. The first 5 days after surgery were horrific because my back hurt so and I could never relax enough to sleep. But, on Friday - Good Friday- sleep finally came and things took a huge turn around. When they discharged me on Wednesday, 13 days after surgery, I felt so overwhelmed and blessed. Please know I would have never survived, or improved so quickly, without your constant prayers. I will alwa ys be forever grateful for your love, cards, emails, calls and visits. ! ;

Coming to Cindy's was another huge step, but my back felt 1000 times better. She has done such an unbelievable job being so attentive and caring for me NOT LIKE A SISTER THAT I HAVE AGGRAVATED ALL MY LIFE.

Today has been "best of all." I managed to spend two hours reading my emails, walking more, and eating a little more food. I still have a long way to go, but I am so glad these past two and a half weeks are behind me. Thank goodness for MARCH MADNESS, and for good rest at night. It has been a busy day for the person that has a zipper from her sternum to her bikini line! I go to the doctor next Tuesday to get all the staples out---that should be a blast--- but every day is a better day.

You all will just never know what each of you mean to me. One of my favorite sayings is "actions speak louder than words" and your actions have spoken VOLUMES!!! Never under estimate the power of GOD and the way he cares for every hair on your head.

All my love,
Linda - Coach- Partlow

No comments: