Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Michael Marion Kelly?


I found this very old glass picture in either Aunt Grace's or Aunt Johnnie's stuff, and I think it is a picture of my ggrandfather, Michael Marion Kelly, who came to Mississippi from Ireland in the mid to late 1840s and farmed land across from what is now the State Park.

Michael Marion is buried in Gilvo Cemetery on old Highway 78 just outside Tupelo.

According to what I have there were four siblings that came from Ireland, Michael Marion, Joseph, John and Bridget. Joseph, John and Michael Marion lived next to each other across from what is now the state park, or at least that is what I've been told. John is listed in an early census with a wife, but after that he listed with no wife or children, hence his wife must have died young and he never remarried. Bridget married a McCarty, I think.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

This was a surprise to see a photo of the person I have been trying to find in Ireland...........
I will let Marly and Charlie see your blog when they arrive in Scotland on Sunday.

Unknown said...

Was he a brother to our Joseph Kelly?