Friday, April 08, 2011

Gunter and Coggins Families

I have been exchanging e-mails recently with Lori Coggins from Phoenix, AZ, who would like information about her family; she is the daughter of Jack Coggins, the son of Lillian Latham, the daughter of Adaline Gunter Latham, the daughter of John G. Gunter and Mary Strange Gunter who are buried in the Plantersville cemetery. Relatives on the Coggins side include Flavius, Marvin and Earl Bertis Coggins.

She would appreciate any information anyone has on any of her relatives.

John Lester Gunter and his wife were my Sunday School teachers, and on a Saturday night in the early 50s Aunt Johnnie took me to his mother's house where I saw my first television set and watched some, if not all, of Your Show of Shows.

Sam and Porter Gunter lived near the school, and Sam carried the mail.

Can someone provide more information?


2 comments:

Gary said...

My name is Gary Gunter. My Dad, John L Gunter, and mother, Betty, taught at Plantersville Baptist Church, while Bro Johnson was pastor.

Gary said...

My Dad was John L Gunter, my mother, Betty. Both taught Sunday School at Plantersville Baptist Church, while Bro Johnson was there. Sam Gunter was his uncle. My Grandfather was also John L Gunter and Sam was his brother. I use to cut Sam's yard when I was growing up.