Monday, January 09, 2012

For December

Here I have waited until 2012 to visit the Plantersville Connection, dear to my heart though it is. Memories of Plantersville connections continue to be a part of my day-to-day thoughts. My sister Margaret Pickard, her son Marshall, and I visited the Plantersville Cemetery Christmas Eve with poinsettias to place on the resting places for our dear people who are not really there. The visitation was both helpful and hurtful--can't escape from the fact that there is a great big 'missing' in our lives.
In the next few weeks or so, Steve and Jay and Miss Sadie will have a memorial stone for George's and my site. . . next to Aunt Johnnie and Uncle Fielden's, up a bit from the rest of the Kellys, but not far.
We also visited Mother, George Pickard, and Marshall's friend Michael in Verona. It was a special Christmas Eve Saturday.

No comments: