Monday, January 16, 2012

Two Things To Tackle . . .

First thing is the researching of George Morris' research-genealogy records on the Kelly family, origins, where in Ireland they left from, traveling to the United States around the 1850-mark, that type of history. He had done some pretty extensive studying on various family lines. Questions have come in from family members wanting facts. I am trying.
Second, the task of gathering, typesetting and publishing (self-publishing) George's stories is high on my list T t T list. We had just begun that enterprise, and I'm so glad we did. I had typeset "Turbulence" for him, and I have found a file with other works stored in it. I am rather intimidated at the thought, seems like a big undertaking or rather an effort that I want to be just right. How to judge, how to judge. More important probably is just doing it and not worrying about it. Kind of a shame--I'm a good worrier, got the trait from my grandmother. She was proud of her knack for worrying. I can still hear her saying, ". . . just worried me to death." (How much good did it ever do?) However, diving in and finding the Kelly records and compiling the works are the most important, rather than worrying about when and how. He wanted the compilation for Cam, Tim and Carly to keep.

No comments: