Thursday, June 01, 2006

Roger Moore's Memories

Roger Moore wrote: "Thinking of Cecil, I remember my Dad and my Uncle Robert, Robert Rogers' dad, used to play tennis with Cecil at the tennis court that the McDonalds had at their house. They used to play with Lemuel, one of the McDonald boys. Lemuel, as I recall, was a Lt. Colonel in the Army during the invasion of France in World War II. The McDonald's son that was my age was Virgil (Raymond Virgil). Quinlan (Leroy Quinlan) McDonald was at State when I was there. A daughter of the McDonalds, Inez I believe, was an Army nurse and was on Corregidor when the Japanese invaded the Phillippines. She was captured and was a prisoner of war."

Note: The Lee County weekly paper ran a picture of Inez not long ago; if memory serves she was eating at the Hotel Peabody in Memphis. I'm sure I have the clipping somewhere and will try to locate it.


Also, one of the stories Cecil told me about my Dad was that my Dad and several others were playing poker at the McDonald's house when the constable appeared. Don't know if any were arrested or not, but it broke up the game.

No comments: