Friday, December 08, 2006

Grade News




The Kampus Whiz each month included Elementary Grade news. The attached page is from the November, 1944 issue. Although it is not attached, a page from the October, 1944 issue related that Raymon Stovall drove a school bus to take members of the Commercial Club to a field to pick some cotton. A total of 1910 pounds of cotton was picked.

Roger Moore

Note: My mother married Raymon in December of 1948, I think, and that year and the following year, he drove a school bus; he then accepted a job driving a truck for the Pure Oil Company in Tupelo, and Conner Coggins took over his route; I don't know if Conner had been driving a different route before or not.

Who else drove school bus for Plantersville school? Wasn't there a Mr. Willie and a Mr. West or were they the same man?

I think that Raymon drove the bus on senior trips. I seem to recall his talking about a trip to Nashville.

No comments: