Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Twins and Classmates


From left: Ann and Sue Ellis, Jean Lann, and Joe Hussey.

The twins, Ann and Sue, lived on the hill next to Raymon who was their mother's brother. Before Raymon married my mother, he and their dad, Bill Ellis, farmed together, but after marrying mother, Raymon took aa job in Tupelo driving an oil truck for the Pure Oil Company. and Bill and his family farmed the land. Ann and Sue had sisters, Martha, Jean and Billie and brothers, John and Jimmy.

Ann married Boy Drake and they live in the Tupelo area; Sue married a Weeks, someone help me with his first name, who died several years ago; Sue has remarried and lives out of state, Arkansas maybe?

Sadly, I only see my former neigbors and step-cousins at funerals. I saw Ann and her sister, Martha, at my mother's funeral on June 1.

I did not know or have forgotten Jean and Joe and hope someone can give an update on them. I know there are a number of Hussey families in the Richmond area.

No comments: