Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Eleanor Ann Partlow Howard


I may have posted this picture a year or so ago, can't remember, but I'm fairly certain this is a picture of Eleanor Ann Partlow Howard.

Eleanor Ann was our neighbor to the east; until I was six or seven our houses were separated by a field and then the building housing two stores was built.

I don't know how long Eleanor and her parents lived there but her grandfather had lived there before them and Mr. and Mrs. Mingee (not sure of the spelling) lived there afterwards.

I mentioned before that one of my earliest memories is of being waken in the middle of the night so I could witness the barn on the Partlow place burning.

When they left Plantersville, I think Eleanor and her parents moved to West Point. And after her marriage she lived for a long time in Jackson, but she and her husband now reside in Mooreville.

Eleanor and Butch are the two people, other than my family and Doris's, who I remember first being around.

No comments: