Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Uncle Mike and Daughters


Michael "Uncle Mike" Kelly was my grandfather, John Green Kelly's brother. Pictured with him are his daughter, Sarchie Lou, on his right in light colored dress and Fannie on his left in darker dress.

Sarchie Lou Kelly Helms was the mother of Aaron and Marion.

From Mary Estes:
"I believe this is a picture of Dan C. Kelly, who was Sarchie Lou's father. Michael (or Mike) was married to Dell Suggs & they didn't have any children Dan was married to Lenora "Lee"Estes. "

The information I provided comes from the back of the picture; however, the writing is not in Aunt Johnnie's handwriting, but was added by someone else who may have written down the wrong name. I'll do further research. This could be Uncle Mike and his nieces rather than his daughters.

Thanks Sherrilyn for your comments and clarifying which lady is your grandmother. If you get a chance, send me an e-mail so I can put you in my address book.

2 comments:

Sherrilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherrilyn said...

Hi George Morris, the pretty young woman in the dark colored dress and hat is Mamaw (Sarchie Lou). Mary is correct in that Uncle Mike and Aunt Dell did not have children. Daddy does not recognize the man or other young woman in light colored dress. He does not recall ever seeing any pictures of his grandfather, Dan Kelly as a younger man. Daddy has a lot of Kelly family information he would love to share and for those who do not know, my Daddy is Aaron Helms.

Love to you and all your precious family,

Sherrilyn