Saturday, April 11, 2009

Juanita "Sis" McKinney Duke

My dear cousin, Sis Duke, died yesterday. Please place her husband, Cecil, and her children, Richard, Cindy and Lisa as well as her daughter-in-law and son-in-law and her grandchildren in your thoughts and prayers.

As I mentioned in my post last week, Sis was like a daughter to my mother and she and Cecil were always willing to help out. When mother had her spell in 1997, I called Sis and Cecil and they were there in a few minutes and got mother to the hospital.

Sis suffered a stroke a few years ago; she was able to attend mother's funeral in June, but it was one of the last times she was able to get out. I saw her in the nursing home last week, but shortly after my visit, she was moved to a hospice.

Visitation is from 3 to 5 Easter Sunday at Harris-Holland; the funeral is Monday afternoon at 4:30.

No comments: