Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Final Chick-fil-A Day

From Carole: I always have to look up the spelling of the Monday morning meeting place for George and Jerry. Unless an appointment or some other event came up to interfere with their meeting, they gathered to eat breakfast and discuss. . .everything, as near as I could understand it. I think Margaret, Jerry's wife, and I both have looked at these meetings with smiles and joy at their enjoyment, their routine. . .their adorable, inquisitive, intellectual qualities. Jerry and George both have the Tupelo and Tupelo High School roots, as do I. Different classes, but same teachers and contacts, although they first officially met in 1975 when Jerry as head of the Hinds English Department hired George and here we came to the capital city area. One of George and my prize memories is his serving as Jerry's best man at his and Margaret's lovely wedding in 1985. (I took 'pitchers.') Then they capably handled video at Cam and Tim's wedding in 1999, for which we are ever grateful.
This past Monday Jerry was going to Chick-fil-A for a final 'meeting.'

No comments: