Monday, November 10, 2008

Mrs. Grey Collier

Sympathy to Bobby, Charles and Jeff and their families; I talked with Mrs. Grey's grandson, Barry Collier, not long ago and though she had entered a nursing home, her health was good.

As many of you know, Mike and I along with Jerry Carr used to have breakfast together once a week, and when Mrs. Grey was visiting about three years ago, Mike brought her and we have a wonderful visit. I also saw Mrs. Grey, sadly enough, at Mike's funeral last year, and only a few months later her only daughter, Shirley, died.

After I wrote the above, I went to meet Jerry Carr for breakfast and saw Kay Collier, Mike's wife at the restaurant, who told us she was with Mrs. Grey when she passed away. If I understood Kay correctly, Mrs. Grey had been sick for several weeks. The funeral is tomorrow, Tuesday, at two. I wish I could be there but have a doctor's appointment that I need to keep.

No comments: