Friday, April 13, 2007

The House on the Corner

A poet wrote that "in dreams begin responsibilities." As I age, dreams merge with reality so that I don't always trust my memory; nonetheless, one of my vivid memories concerns that house that was south of the Baptist Church, and though on the same side as Earl Kelly's, I believe it belonged to the Repults who lived across the highway. In the early 40s, I was playing in our front yard and observed a lady lean across the end of the porch to say something to her grandchild when she fell off the porch with either a heart attack or a stroke.

Does anyone remember what family lived in that house and when the house was torn down?

1 comment:

MARCUS POSEY said...

THE HOUSE ON THE CORNER
The house you ask about did belong to John Repult. He was a cotten ginner for several yearsl he was also honey bee keeper.HE and one OF His sons both lost a arm in the gin saws.