Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Club Meeting


Cathy Johnson Garrett loaned me this picture of a club meeting. One was called Over Sixty; wasn't there another name?

My grandmother, Sarchie Kelly, is the one with the walker; Aunt Johnnie is in the middle sitting in front. Cathy's grandmother is the lady at the top. Cathy told me the names of a couple of more, but she will have to help me out. My memory isn't what it used to be, and never was.

From Jane Price James: "The lady on the front row in the white dress is Mrs. Earl Conlee, James and Mont's Conlee's mother."

Note:
From Neicy Grant via Charlotte: 1st row: Clara Borden, Miss Johnnie, Annie Conlee
2nd row: ??, Lil Whitehead, Sarchie Kelly, Nannie Pearl Adams
3rd row: ??, Dora Grant, Mrs. Brown, Parker, Gussie Grant
It is fuzzy after that except that Effie Johnson is standing in front of Cathy’s grandmother.

Dora Grant, Annie Pearl Adams, and Effie Johnson are sisters.

1 comment:

C J Garrett said...

The Sunshine Club is what my grandmother called it. Mrs. Clara Borden is sitting on the ground to the right of Johnnie, Annie Conlee is on her left. Others that have been identified to me are Mrs. Gussie Grant, Mrs. Williams, Mrs. Adams, but I'm not sure which ones are which. My memory is not very good either.