Friday, May 05, 2006

Larry Mims Letter to Judy Borden

Larry shared this letter that he wrote Judy Borden on January 22, 1991, during Desert Storm:

Miss Judy:

Today is a special day for me; I managed to phone Terri on her 30th birthday. Time does fly. It seems like yesterday we were attending Sunday School parties with Winnie, Sandra, Tim, George and Cog, and all the others.

Since I have not told you lately how much you mean to me, let me express once again what "Living the example" you and JT were to Larry McGaughy during his critical "growing up years". I will always cherish your love and friendship.

Miss Judy, your letter was especially timely; we had just received news of our probable deployment to Iraq in late March.

We are all praying that this does not happen, but we, Larry, Kirk, Kelly and Kelly Monts are committed to getting the job done and returning home as soon as possible.

Please express to everyone from the "Plantersville Boys," our appreciation of your letters and prayers; God bless America.

Larry

No comments: