Friday, May 05, 2006

Newsletter Vol.7 Number 1 May 2006

This newsletter takes a leap of faith and jumps or plunges into the electronic age. With the help and encouragement of Cathy Johnson Garrett (more on her later), Carole and I established a blog. The address is plantersvilleconnection.blogspot.com.

Despite the lengthy personal profile (I read recently that one of the signs of growing old is the irresistible urge to talk about one’s self), I envision this site as not our personal one but a place where those from Plantersville past and present can share stories and information.

I came across the Silas Johnson Family site hosted by Cathy Johnson Garrett on the Internet.

Cathy and I are exchanging e-mails. She has her own blog and has been interested in establishing one for the Plantersville community. Cathy and her family are going through tough times caring for their mother. Updates on Mrs. Johnson’s condition are posted on both blogs. Cathy’s:
http://www.pvillepost.blogspot.com

Larry Mims's letter to Judy Borden already posted comes next.

The back of the newsletter contains a picture of the Over 60 club taken in April 1953. There are fourteen ladies pictured; I can only identify four or five and hope you will be able to help match the names that I found on the back with the faces.

I may be able to post pictures on this site but have not mastered that procedure yet.

No comments: