Friday, May 05, 2006

Over 60 Club

I found this picture of the Plantersville Over 60 Club in my files. Remember when over 60 used to sound old. The picture was taken in front of my grandmother's house in April of 1953. That's Sarchie Kelly, my grandmother, with the walker, and Miss Dixie and Johnnie Harris sitting in front and, of course, Doris. The others I don't recognize, but have the names on the back of the picture: Mrs Parker, Mrs Johnson, Mrs. Alma Rogers, Mrs. Alma Partlow, Mrs. Dora Grant, Mrs. Lillian Whitehead, Mrs. Ollie Edwards, Mrs. Harlan Rogers, and Mrs. Gussie Grant. One is missing; there's a Mrs. Herndon written on the side away from the other names. How many can you identify?

The gray-haired lady behind the lady in the dark dress at the end on the left is Miss Ollie, identified by June Harris.

Jane Price James identified Mrs. Dora Grant directly in front of Doris.

No comments: